Brewing the American Dream Pop Up Pitch Room Competition: Austin
We’re bringing our Brewing the American Pitch Room Competition to Austin, TX on Sunday, March 12th!The Brewing the American Dream Pitch Room Competition helps small food and beverage business owners perfect the art of their sales pitch.
Business owners have two minutes to present the merits of their product and business to a panel of expert judges representing some of the country’s most admired retailers, wholesalers, brands, thought leaders, and restaurant owners. After providing critical, real-world advice to participants and fielding questions about the pitch, the judges select a winner based on quality of presentation, creativity, passion, and product viability.
The panel for this event includes:
- Jennifer Glanville (Samuel Adams Brewer, “Most Creative People in Business” according to FastCo)
- Lockhart Steele (Co-Founder of Eater.com & VOX Media Editorial Director)
- Koel Thomae (Co-Founder of Noosa Yoghurt)
- Justin Breton (Head of Marketing Partnerships at Foursquare)
Come check out local Austin based businesses pitch their business for the chance to win a $10,000 grant, a year of extended mentorship from Samuel Adams, and a media package from Foursquare. We'll also be giving away a $5K People's Choice award that will be decided upon through voting on Facebook Live on the Brewing the American Dream Facebook Page.
The small businesses that will be pitching include:
- Joe Diffie, Joe’s Microgreens - Joe’s Microgreens provides fresh, locally grown, microgreens grown in composted local food waste.
- Logan Simpson, Banner Distilling - Banner Distilling makes craft spirits including certified organic Vodka and Whiskey made from locally-grown ingredients.
- Catherine Stiles, Barbeque Wife Bloody Mary Mix - Barbeque Wife makes handcrafted “junk free” Bloody Mary Mix inspired by the craft of Texas Barbecue.
- Alysa Seeland, FOND Bone Broth - FOND makes artisanal sipping bone broth.
- Timothy Elias, GFY Kitchen - GFY Kitchen makes gluten-free breads, rolls, pizza crusts and other baked goods.
We will also be serving an exclusive, limited-release beer, called BOS x AUS, brewed in collaboration with Austin-based brewery, Infamous Brewing. BOS x AUS is a smoked oyster stout that will be served ONLY at the Pitch Room event and at bars and restaurants nearby SXSW.
Want to attend the event? RSVP here.