The 2nd Annual Samuel Adams Brewing & Business Experienceship.
In addition to funding made available through Samuel Adams Brewing the American Dream, craft brewers nationwide have the opportunity to apply for the Samuel Adams Brewing & Business Experienceship.
The Brewing & Business Experienceship has been created to provide one craft brewer annually who is a loan recipient within our program with educational or enrichment experiences that positively impact their craft or the success of their brewery. The Experienceship will be tailored based on the winning brewery's business needs. Potential opportunities for the winner may include, but are not limited to:
- Opportunity for extended speed coaching from various functional areas of The Boston Beer Company & the Craft Beer Industry. Functional areas can include ingredients procurement, quality assurance, graphic design, accounting/finance, legal, marketing, sales & distribution among others
- At least one trip to Boston to visit the Samuel Adams Boston Brewery and meet with Samuel Adams employees for coaching
- Participation in The Boston Beer Company Negotiation and Selling Skills classes
- Financial support to exhibit at industry event (ex. GABF, CBC)
Congratulations to this year's Experienceship winner, Rick Abitbol of Brewery Rickoli in Wheat Ridge, CO!
Learn more about Brewery Rickoli here!
Ridge Brewer Wins Samuel Adams Contest
The winners of the first annual Samuel Adams Brewing & Business Experienceship were:
Roc Brewing Co.
First Recipients of the Samuel Adams Brewing the American Dream Experienceship
- Must be a recipient of a Brewing the American Dream Loan
- Must be a craft brewer as defined by the Brewers Association
- Must be 21+
- The Experienceship will be made available to one winner on an annual basis
The winner will be chosen based on the predicted impact the experience they are seeking will have on their long-term business success and financial independence as evaluated by the judges.
Applications will be judged by a panel of professionals in the microlending and craft beer industry.
The Experienceship is open to loan recipients of the Samuel Adams Brewing the American Dream program only. Details to apply for the Experienceship will be provided once a loan is disbursed to qualified loan applicant.
Return Home >
Apply for a Loan >